Episode 18: Rural Stress Resources in Minnesota
In this podcast Swine Extension Educators, Sarah Schieck Boelke and Diane DeWitte discuss rural stress resources for farmers and others involved in agriculture.
Resources mentioned in the podcast as well as other resources:
- The University of Minnesota Extension's Farm and Rural Stress website offers resources for those dealing with farming's current challenges and struggles, including:
- Mental health
- Farm financial counseling
- Farmer-lender mediation
- The Minnesota Department of Agriculture offers three ways farmers and others involved in agriculture can connect with the Minnesota Farm and Rural Helpline:
- Phone (toll-free): 833-600-2670
- Text: FARMSTRESS to 898211
- Email: email@example.com
The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.
UMN Extension Swine
University of Minnesota Extension© 2020 Regents of the University of Minnesota